Re: email server

also sprach Mike Egglestone (on Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:51:25PM -0800):
> Can someone point me to where I can find out
> how to setup my linux box as an email server?

i assume you mean as a POP3 server, i.e. where people can download
their mail from. i'd suggest qpopper and you can find a little bit of
info here:

http://www.madduck.dhs.org/docs/howto/ISP-Setup-RedHat-4.html#ss4.10

if you are running qmail, there is even a nicer way to do so via
Maildir.

basically you can just install qpopper from dselect and it'll be just
about ready to go.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--