Re: how to stop gdm?

jdls  <jdls@apu.edu> writes:
j> I recently installed helix-gnome and would rather not have gdm load
j> auto- matically. With xdm I could just remove xbase, then xdm so
j> prevent it from starting but with gdm, dpkg would not allow it not
j> unless I remove task-helix-gnome :( what can I do?

Remove the gdm package.  That'll happen to remove the task package,
but that's okay; it's empty, like all other task packages, and
removing the task package won't remove anything that it depends on
(e.g. all of the rest of GNOME).

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell