Re: mysql-server problems

Marcin Kurc <siemce@linux.indtech.edu> writes:

> I have mysql-server 3.23.31-1 installed and it is not accepting any tcp connections.
> The config is alright, set to accept tcp on 3306. It worked with earlier versions,
> but now it shows that mysqld is running on port 0.

Did you check on /etc/mysql/my.cnf for the keyword skip-networking? it
is enabled by default (because of some crashes? It runs just fine here
with networking enabled) but if you want tcp-connectivity, it has to be
commented out.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt