Re: getting aliases in mutt

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:07:11PM +0100, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
> This (from mutt's manual) doesn't work for me:
>
> In addition, at the various address prompts, you can use the tab character to expand a partial alias to the full alias. If there are multiple matches, mutt
> will bring up a menu with the matching aliases. In order to be presented with the full list of aliases, you must hit tab with out a partial alias, such as at
> the beginning of the prompt or after a comma denoting multiple addresses.
>
> In the alias menu, you can select as many aliases as you want with the select-entry key (default: RET), and use the exit key (default: q) to return to the
> address prompt.
>
> How do I get this? I do have an alias file and aliases work if I write them manualy...

One entry from my ~/.mutt.aliases file -
alias   deb     debian-user@lists.debian.org

In ~/.muttrc -
set alias_file = ~/.mutt.aliases
source ~/.mutt.aliases

Restart mutt.  Type "m" to create a mail.  When it asks "To:" hit "tab"
hth,
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson