Re: Newbie vs Printer Setup

> Ahmad-Tijjani Sambo wrote:
>
> I am a newbie with two Linux boxes. One has RedHat on which I could
> setup the printer with printtool.
>
> The second box has Debian (Storm Linux) that I got off a magazine CD.
> Unfortunately I cannot find anything along the lines of printtool for
> easy set-up of printers.
>
> I shall appreciate any pointers please as Linux expertise this side is
> almost unknown.

  try cups, here are the packages that I have installed:

jojda:~>dpkg -l cups\*

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  cupsys         1.1.4-3        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.4-3        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD
comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.4-3        Common UNIX Printing System(tm) -
client pro
un  cupsys-dev     <none>         (no description available)
jojda:~>

	erik