Re: No Cursor In X in Two Months - Maybe I quit

> hammack wrote:
>
> Can anyone help????
> My cursor is not working.  Sometimes I have a one square inch white
> cursor and some times I don't.  Note the confi files below for
> gpm.conf and XF86Config.  At the recommendation of someone I commetted
> out the lines in XF86Config and got the big cursor.   But then it went
> away when I re-entered X.  I am currently using a newly acquired PS/2
> generic mouse plugged into the PS/2 port.  My previous and preferred
> mouse that would not work is a Kensington 4 button track ball (Expert
> Mouse).  Does any one have conf files for the Kensington Expert
> Mouse????
> I like the Debian approach but I've been at this for two months.

what i'd reccomend trying is

apt-get remove gpm
dpkg --purge gpm

configure XF86Config to use /dev/psaux

enable the software cusor for X..see the manpage for the X server your
using. if you don't know the X server do cat /etc/X11/Xserver(assuming
your using Xfree86 3.3.6 if your usin X4 all bets are off).

in many cases you put a line like:
Options      "sw_cursor"

under the Device section

see what happens ........