Re: Apache manual

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 10:03:40AM -0500, Holp, John Mr. wrote:
> Will,
>
> 	Thanks a lot, I have done both as you recommended below.  I am
> researching the basics on configuration and operation of apache - things
> like configuration files, parameters, stopping and restarting.
>
> John

welcome to our tribe! apache is complex, intricate, powerful,
customizable and mungeable (you can really screw things up
easily, not that i'd know about that)...

if you're interested in high-speed perl, you could go for the
embedded perl apache (apt-get install apache-perl) to have
mod_perl, which essentially makes the perl engine your webserver.
(see perl.apache.org for the poop) i'm perusing the eagle book
right now, and some of it's beginning to sink in! boy, there's
not much you CAN'T do with apache and perl... !