Re: IRC and Firewall

-> I'm sitting behind a firewall and want to use IRC. The firewall does
-> masquerading and is also limiting incoming and outgoing traffic. I thought
-> the problem may be identd which can not access my machine behind the firewall.
-> But iptraf shows also that my connection is not answered (the S bit is
-> displayed).

which server in which network do you try to use? what timeout do you have
set up?
some irc servers also check for socks servers on your IP, firewalls usually
drop packets so you have to wait long time until connection attempt times
out and server lets you in.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.217 / Virová báze: 102 - datum vydání: 1/12/2000