XFree86 4.02 eating CPU

Hi!

Just upgraded to XFree86 4.02 (with a little trouble) on my woody-box (Linux
2.4.1).

After using it a while I noticed that while playing a mp3 and scrolling the
Netscape-window the sound from the mp3 got distorted. I thought this was very
strange cause I've never experienced anything like this on this machine (Dual
Celeron 533).

Then I ran "top" a saw that the process "X" had a nicevalue of -10. The
processes state was marked as "S<" (which is High Priority Process). I asked a
friend who is also using XFree86 4.02 and he had a nice-value of 0.

Have anyone experienced the same. Any suggestions?

TIA!

/Reine