Re: OT: new Nvidia drivers released

Yes, the Nvidia driver _needs_ Xfree 4.

I don't know for sure about running X4 w/ potato, but I think that at
least some packages will need to be upgraded, browse the archives I think
I heard things about it...

Anyway, if you're ready for a big update the debian way is to point
apt-get to testing and to

apt-get task-x-window-system-core

which should download and set everything up fine.

The one problem I had was that /usr/bin/X11/X didn't point to
/usr/bin/X11/XFree86 , but was rather the old executable 3.3.6
I'm not sure that it has been settled, so I mention it in case startx acts
funny.

Good Luck,
Romain