Re: Romanian translation

> > Why is no list debian-user-romanian, I am de only Romanian using
> > Debian?
> >

> Nope,you're not,but I guess most of us learned everything computer_related in
> English so we don't need a
> romanian translation.:-)

Yes, I agree, but I am thinking of those who doesn't understand English
and they would like to get in touch with a computer. They have to see
that the computer is frendly. It will help if the computer can speak
Romanian.

> I've tried to install RedHat(5.2 at the time) in Romanian and gave up after 5
> screens or so.I actually had to think what they ment.

I know what you mean. I also tried once to install redhat, many people
is talking about. I went for the Romanian version, but I give up because
it propose only gnome or kde. I could not escape and I gave up. I also
had to think what they ment with some options...

> But if you start a translation project I'm willing to help-I don't use the
> romanian key-mappings though so.....your call.

I would like to get in touch with the guy responsable with the Romanian
translation of the web site of Debian. I could not find his name or a
hint. The link from the Romanian page from the internatinalization lied
to RLUG and there the translator list is dead. And they are not Debian
users.

I also don't use the romanian key-mappings, I make an other one...

Ionel

--
                     Ionel  Mugurel   Ciobica
 Schuit   Institute  of   Catalysis   Phone: 00 31 (0)40 2473781

 (o-    On the requirements it said: Windows 95 or better    -o)
 //\                   ... so I installed Linux              /\\
      web personal page: http://members.chello.nl/i.ciobica