RESENDNAT-ed ftp server and passive connections (fwd)

I am resending this in the hope that today I might receive a reply or two.
:)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:07:11 +0000 (GMT)
From: ahall@secureworks.net
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: NAT-ed ftp server and passive connections

Hello,

I have an issue that appears to have been looked at many times before, yet
I could not find a solution anywhere.  I searched the list archives
and google but did not find much.  Here is what I have

NAT-ed host --- NAT box --- Internet --- NAT box --- NAT-ed ftp server

In this setup reqular FTP works fine.  Passive mode does not work, I
believe this to be because the ftp server sends a PORT cmd with the
RFC1918 IP of the ftp server.   Can ip_masq_ftp.o be used at all?  What
would the readers of this list use to  proxy this ftp session?  I would
prefer to be able to handle this in the  kernel if at all possible.  Thank
you in advance!

Andrew Hall