Re: du and df not in sync?

Lance Simmons wrote:

> Are you running du from / or from /home/erik? I think what you

  I run it from /home/erik but note the slash at the end of du command.

> have quoted here says only that home/erik uses 110M, while the
> disk on which your root directory is located uses 649M.

  another poster said to check the deleted file, which can be done using
lsof | fgrep '(deleted)' and it showed quite a few deleted but still
open (so not really removed) files for kdeinit process, 500MB seems
quite a lot though. anyway, I guess that explains the discrepancy. after
I rebooted (for different reason) the du and df show same amount of data
on the disk.

	erik