Re: Debian potato & KDE

Vittorio De Martino <v.demart@dada.it> wrote:
>While I've being working with RedHat 7 for 8 months  I'm an absolute beginner
>with Debian 2.2r2 potato which I'd like to install  first on a spare PC just
>to have a go at it and then to substitute Debian for RH7 on my PC's in view
>of its well known stability and real open source nature (II'm just waiting
>for the CD's that I've bought as your site suggests).
>Being in love with the KDE desktop I wrote the following message to the KDE
>people of www.kde.org and got the following answer.
>My question is as simple as that: where can I download KDE files for Debian
>potato or what should I do step by step to have it on my PC?

See http://kde.tdyc.com/ for details of what to add to
/etc/apt/sources.list.

This is a clueless person spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt),
and you should ignore him. The KDE/Debian disagreements have been
explained frequently in the past (and had nothing to do with financial
concerns, certainly; http://www.debian.org/News/1998/19981008 is a fair
summary of what Debian's stance used to be). Furthermore, the licensing
concerns have now been resolved and KDE will be in the next release of
Debian. Those running the unstable distribution have it already.

(*sigh* I thought the KDE flamewars were over ...)