remote modem access

I have just setup a VERY small ethernet network with one user box and one
server. User and server can see each other, ping, etc and user can access
Internet provided the server is already logged on to my ISP. What is the
best way to enable the user to access the server's modem to dial out and
connect to the ISP? I was thinking of trying a shell script to rlogin and
pon, but is there a better way?

Thanks! Just starting to learn a bit about networking (obviously).

Michael Heyes