Re: lost access to cdrom

Le dimanche 28 jan. 2001 à 11:23:33 +0100, Carel Fellinger a écrit:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 04:46:14PM -0500, Vinod Kurup wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 03:47:59PM -0500, serge delorme wrote:
> > >
> > > As root it's ok but as "user" I can't access the drive even if:
> > >
> > > sdelorme@ordino:~$ ll /dev/scd0
> > > brw-rw----    2 root     cdrom     11,   0 jui  5  2000 /dev/scd0
> > >
> > > sdelorme@ordino:~$ ll /dev/cdrom
> > > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 jan 28 14:04 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/scd0
> > >
> > > sdelorme@ordino:~$ groups
> > > sdelorme adm disk dialout cdrom floppy audio dip
>
> looks good. Must have to do with the mount command I guess.
> What's in your /etc/fstab?  Or aren't you refering to mounting,
> but are you talking of writing to the beast with cdrecord or reading
> with cdparanoia or likewise programs that don't use /dev/scd* but
> instead use /dev/sg*?  In that case check that the relevant generic
> scsi device (I think for you /dev/sg0) has th eproper group and
> protection set.

CD-burning packages are not installed yet, I was just testing the drive
after recompiling the kernel.
As a user I could mount the drive but could not read it with a simple ls
command... I would get a "permission denied" reply.
BUT this morning without having changed anything it works!

I can read a data-cd and play a music-cd, but I don't understand why I can
now and not yesterday. Is there something in the start-up scripts of cron
that could do it? Thats the only stuff that ran since yesterday...

Anyway now I can install the burning stuff and start messing around.