Re: Boot prompt fails to show "other"

Kent West wrote:

> When I boot up and press the left Shift key, followed by TAB, the only
> option listed is "Linux". This is despite the fact that I have Win95 on
> another partition, and that I've configured /etc/lilo.conf to see it,
> and have run "lilo", which reports "Adding Linux* / Adding Windows".
>
> Here's my lilo.conf:
> boot=/dev/hda3
> root=/dev/hda3
> compact
> install=/boot/boot-menu.b
> delay=20
> map=/boot/map
> append=""
> read-only
> image=/vmlinuz
>    label=Linux
> other=/dev/hda1
>    label=Windows
>    table=/dev/hda
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks!
>
> KEnt

Im not an expert, but you're modifying the lilo boot sector located in
Linux's partition, not in the MBR of the disk. So some boot loader in
MBR is transfering access to your Linux partition, from which you can
only boot Linux. Maybe you should install LILO in the MBR, or modify the
boot loader installed on it.