Re: debian install

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, EuphoriaDJ wrote:

> So should I go back to Corel which I got rid of because I did not see the
> advantage to learning another packager, OR
> should I try debian both have software I like and deb will most likily to be
> able to upgrade to X 4.0 and 2.4 kernel
> heck deb is using a beta kernel in it's stable release and from what I have
> stable is STABLE.
>
> Anywho, Corel or Debian?
> will I have to use fdisk if I go to debian? corel partitions on it's own.
> If I use fdisk I will be erasing a BeOS partition to put linux on but I
> don't know for sure if this will mess up the
> MBR like winblows does any info would be cool.

I am in the process of migratng my small home network from Corel (debian-based)
to debian.  Corel was a good intro for me, but..........

If you use the official debian cd's, you will be allowed to install over the
present Corel partitions.  For the present, I'm using an outside boot manager
to manage the boot on the one dual boot machine.  Or you can choose to boot
debian from floppy.  (I don't really like doing that.)

just my opinion........

bob