Re: my NIC

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Henry Gomersall wrote:
> I have a D-Link DFE-520TX ethernet card connecting me, via a cable modem to
> ..
> This particular card cannot be selected from the list of NICs during
> installation (of the base system from the rescue disk). This then means I
> ..
> (ftp.dlinknet.com/PUB/Drivers/linux.zip). Unfortunately the base
system > doesn't have such added bonuses as the kernel source or Make.

                                                  :)

I know nearly to nothing 'bout Network cards - i may be totally wrong
here and i even forgot the DFI Cards name i got installed once, but

Why not try to insmod/modprobe some of the driver modules from
/lib/modules/x.y.zz/net ?

The module will tell you when it was able to initialise the card.

For this card i'ld start with de4x5.o and tulip.o.

wishing success, martin

--
Is there a key combination to make sure IE will reload a page?
Oh, yes and it's shorter than Alt-X O Alt-N Alt-Z ret ret Ctrl-F5!