Re: Debian - Testing network (FS105/FA311/10T-2)? CMD/SiS IDE?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, hogan wrote:
> Have SiS IDE controller in my current Debian box - it says something about
> bus-mastering disabled in bios, running in a more basic mode. Leave it be? Try
> to enable it? I can't see any option in the bios that would affect this unless
> bios is hard coded to disable it.

enable at least DMA for IDE in BIOS if possible.

/var/log/messages, /proc/ide and
hdparm /dev/hda		tell you about your drives
man hdparm 		about hdparm

greetings, martin

--
Is there a key combination to make sure IE will reload a page?
Oh, yes and it's shorter than Alt-X O Alt-N Alt-Z ret ret Ctrl-F5!