Open ports & security

Greetings,
	A quick question, if you please.  I am trying to tighten up security on a
box that may be exposed to some security risk.  In doing so, I have been
trying to get rid of anything that might prove detrimental to security
(ftpd, telnetd, and other things).  I have been running nmap against my
machine, and I've come down to just a few open ports left that I have at
least mild concern about.  They are:

9	discard
13	daytime
37	time
111	sunrpc

	Now, I know that 9 will just throw away anything it gets, and that 13 and
37 just return the time (in one form or  other), so I am only trivially
concerned about them.  But what about 111?  Something in my gut says that
remote procedure call can't be all that good.

TIA

Brooks