Re: change IRQ

> > does anyone know how can i change irq number for
> > a soundblaster Live 1024 soundcard that uses the
> > Alsa emu10k1 driver ? On booting it set IRQ 10 that
> > it's shared  with my ethernet card. In modules.conf
> > i set options snd_irq=5; but if i do a cat /proc/interrupts
> > i see IRQ 10 or so it seem.

That entry in /etc/modules.conf only tells the kernel *where* to look.
It doesn't use that to assign the IRQ.

It's also likely that your BIOS is set up for a PnP Operating System
(i.e. Win9x). It's letting your sound card and NIC share IRQs and
letting your OS sort it out. In the case of Linux, it can't do that
without "help". The simplest thing to do is turn off that BIOS option,
if it exists.

Regards
Hall