Re: jpeg bad bitmap format file (was: xsetroot -bitmap)

Xucaen wrote:
> Hall Stevenson <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > somewhere else instead of one you made with
> > gimp ?? Speaking of gimp,
> > how are you telling it what format to use ?? I
> > think you have to tell
> > gimp to use "jpg" or "bmp" format ... just
> > naming it that way *may* not
> > do it.
>
> correct. I tell it specifically which format to
> save as. I have saved as "jpeg" and as "bmp"
> ah well.. at least I can play around with xpmroot
> now.

You might also want to test that it really has saved it as that
format, not just with the extension .bmp - you can check this
quickly and easily with "file":

$ file foo.bmp
foo.bmp:	PC bitmap data, Windows 3.x format, 256 x 256 x 24

But they're right, don't use .bmp!
--
Justin B Rye - writing from but not for Datacash Ltd