A little sed

Three questions for the expers:

- I need to clean up a bunch of html files from <SCRIPT> </SCRIPT> tags. I
tried sed -e s/\<SCRIPT.*SCRIPT\>// file.html > file.html2, but it only
deletes the first line, not the whole script. The /m modifier doesn't seem
to work. How do I go about it.

- Is it possible to overwrite the original file, not redirect to an
alterate file?

- How do I process a bunch of files at once? sed -e s/foo/bar/ *.html >
*html2 doesn't seem to do it. Or need it be something like for $i in *
do....? I can't seem to get this to work either.

TIA,

Hans