Re: I'm lost without linux.3dfx.com

Install device3dfx sources and tar zxfv it. Then read the doc in
/usr/src/modules/device3dfx/debian/README.debian.

For your convenience, here are the instructions:
	mknod /dev/3dfx c 107 0
	(set permissions on /dev/3dfx, up to you)
	apt-get install device3dfx-source
	tar zxfv /usr/src/device3dfx*gz  # I don't remember the name! :)
	cd /usr/src/modules/device3dfx
	make
	cp 3dfx.o /lib/modules/<<kernel version>>/misc
	modconf
	(add the module 3dfx)

And you're done!

Hope this helps.