Re: Debian Newbie

>>>>> "kmself" == kmself  <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

    kmself> OK, just walked through this myself.  Most recent Potato
    kmself> kernel (2.2.17) doesn't appear to have USB support.

    kmself> I D/L'd the 2.2.18 pre kernel from Woody for my Potato
    kmself> system.  There *is* USB support, though I've no idea how
    kmself> well things are supported.  I just compiled it plus one
    kmself> boatload of modules into a new kernel (still haven't
    kmself> booted <g>).

I have had no problems with USB support in 2.2.18 except for with my
HP scanner (takes a long time to respond, then complains something
about a NAK received).

Other USB devices, eg. mouse, camera card reader seem to work fine.

Sometime I should try 2.4.0 with the same setup and see if that helps.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>