Re: building pine

I took a closer look at what gcc says when it's compiling:

This does not look good:
os.c:1235: conversion to non-scalar type requested
os.c:1236: invalid operands to binary ==
os.c: In function `fset_pos':
os.c:1246: incompatible type for argument 2 of `fseek'
os.c: In function `post_reap':
os.c:1745: warning: passing arg 2 of `waitpid' from incompatible pointer
type
make[1]: *** [os.o] Error 1

and there is a lot of:
maildir.c: In function `maildir_ping':
maildir.c:854: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible
pointer type
maildir.c:854: warning: passing arg 4 of `scandir' from incompatible
pointer type

So of course the "install" can't stat the bin/pine file since the make
pine thread is clobbered by those errors. However, the rest of the stuff
, like pico is compiled.

I'm using kernel 2.4.0 , so my best guess (FWIW )is that the bloody
source code isn't compatible really with 2.4 kernels.