Re: SOLVED: Re: ~/.xsession causes X to restart (infinite loop)

To quote Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com>,
# Hi all..
# thanks foir all your help, because of you I
# figured it out.
#
# for some reason, fvwm starts automatically (I
# haven't figured out why)
# and when I created my .xsession, fvwm no longer
# loaded, so I had to load it myself from my
# .xsession script.
# so now my last line of my .xsession is:
# exec fvwm &
# and all is well.  :-)
#
# does anyone know why creating .xsession causes
# fvwm to NOT load anymore? I'd really like to know
# why

There is something like a default .xsession . Now, if you have your own,
it doesn't run that one, it runs yours. If it tried to run the default
one too, you might end up having two window managers fighting over the
desktop, and things like that.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)