SOLVED: Re: ~/.xsession causes X to restart (infinite loop)

Hi all..
thanks foir all your help, because of you I
figured it out.

for some reason, fvwm starts automatically (I
haven't figured out why)
and when I created my .xsession, fvwm no longer
loaded, so I had to load it myself from my
.xsession script.
so now my last line of my .xsession is:
exec fvwm &
and all is well.  :-)

does anyone know why creating .xsession causes
fvwm to NOT load anymore? I'd really like to know
why

thanks again!!

xucaen
--- "David B. Harris" <dbarclay10@yahoo.ca>
wrote:
> To quote Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com>,
> # Hi all..
> # here's what's happening:
> # I created ~/.xsession and it causes X to
> restart
> # immediately upon login (I type my password,
> hit
> # return(enter) and poof! the screen flickers
> and
> # I'm prompted again for user name and
> password)
> #
> # I've tried about 5 different variations of
> the
> # contents of ~/.xsession, including all lines
> # commented out.
>
> You know, it *might* be useful to include your
> .xsession.
>
> David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
>     Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or
death.)