Re: tripple booting dos/win/linux

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001, Saqib Shaikh wrote:
> hi, how is it possible to tripple boot dos/win/linux?  what i have done so
> far is:
> 1.  installed dos
> 2.  changed the fs type for fat16 to xenix, and windows then installs fine
> since it doesn't find dos.
> 3. installed linux.
> 4. now, i can boot either windows or linux fine.
> 5. if i now change xenix back to fat16 i cannot boot either dos or windows.
> what i require is a way, in lilo.conf for example, for hiding the dos
> partition when windows loads and hiding the windows partition when dos
> loads. how is this possible? could you send a sample lilo.conf?
> dos is on hda1, win on hda2, linux on hda3 and swap is hda5 (extended.
> saqib

I would highly recommend System Commander.  It is a boot manager that
will deal with all this seamlessly.  You can even have it hide
partitions, so you can install Windows with DOS already there.  Right
now I have running on my system: DOS 6.22, Win95 OSR2, Windows 2000,
and Linux.  All running just fine.

-Ken

--
hazmat@hellrot.org            AIM: ScopusFest