Re: xinitrc isn't being read??

--- Casey Webster <casey@trifocus.net> wrote:
> xdm runs .xsessionrc, startx runs .xinitrc

I created ~/.xsession and added the line
xsetroot -solid "#2f4f4f" and it didn't work.
I then added # !/bin/sh
to the first line and that didn't work
I then created ~/.xsession and added the line
xsetroot -solid "#2f4f4f"
and X went t into a loop. It would let me log on,
then X would restart.
I deleted the file.

for some reason, the line
xsetroot -solid "#2f4f4f"