Re: How to determins total system up-time.

uptime

it's format is:

locutus:/etc# uptime
 10:35pm  up 5 days, 17:50,  4 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.12, 0.04

which says locutus has been up for 5 days, 17 hours, and 50 min as of
10:35 pm MST 1/24/01 (I added the timezone and date information from other
sources...)

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare