Re: Galeon

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

	Hi all,
	I read yesterday about the following line:
deb ftp://galeon.sourceforge.net/pub/galeon/nightly/debian galeon/ and installed galeon by source (apt-get -b source galeon) in a potato
system with mozilla M18 from potato too.
	When running galeon (I already rm -Rf ~/.mozilla) the following error
occurs.

user@machine:~$ galeon

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 660 (real_goad_server_activate): assertion failed: (name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...
Aborted

Do you have Orbit installed on your machine?
It might be the source of the problem; Galeon needs Corba, and it's the purpose of Orbit to serve the service.

BTW, I like Galeon. It's small, simple, fast, and basically sufficient for some of my web-browsing needs. Problem is, the version I installed some months ago, didn't know about Gnome session. I think it's a bit weird for a Gnome application not knowing about session.

Oki