Re: X Mouse - 911 call

How about killing the HTML next time?

hammack wrote:
<snip>
> My PS/2 mouse is connected to COM2 (in W95), I have tried /dev/ttyS0,1,and
> 2 with no success.
<snip>
> Section "Pointer"
>    Protocol        "PS/2"
>    Device          "/dev/psaux"

These two lines are where you're going wrong.  If the mouse is connected to
COM2 under Windoze, it's /dev/ttyS1 under Linux.  /dev/psaux is for the PS/2
port.  Also I think the protocol has to be something else - perhaps ms? - but
I'm really not too sure on that one as all I've ever used under Linux are
PS/2 devices connectd to the PS/2 port.

>    Buttons         3
>    Emulate3Buttons

Also, I seem to remember that these two options are contradictory.  Either
it really is a 3 button, *or* it isn't and you emulate three buttons.

I'd suggest you head to;
http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/mouse.html
and see what they say there.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.