lpr(ng) not filtering through enscript for remote printer

Hi,

Normally, with magicfilter installed, printing out a .c file will give
a two collumned small font sized landscape printout, because it uses
enscript.

If you make a small tst.c and:
$ cat tst.c|/etc/magicfilter/ljet4m-filter >~/me.ps
$ gv me.ps
you will see what I mean (and this works properly for me)

However, when I
$ lpr tst.c

I do not get the formatting (I get plain text portrait).

/etc/printcap has:

lp|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\

:lp=lp:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:rm=remoteprinter.lincrud:rp=hp:lpr_bounce:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4m-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Is the 'if=' line not parsed for remote printing? I guess I
could make a small script to force my printing through magicfilter.

Using lprng 3.7.4-1

regards,
mark.