Re: Cant create module dependencies

To quote Hammurabi Mendes <hammurabi@persocom.com.br>,
# I was using the default kernel of potato, but after I installed 2.4.0,
# I can't build my modules.dep file for this kernel version, even
# using "depmod -a". (The system automatically does that in the boot
# process too).
# In fact, the file is created, *empty*. I'm worried because I would
need
# that dependencies to use modprobe and run sound modules on demand.

Read Documentation/Changes in the kernel source tree. It'll tell you
what versions of which packages(like modutils) that you need.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)