Re: CPU Usage

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:54:45PM +0100, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Debian woody with a 2.4.0 kernel. I configure my kernel
> not to use ACPI but APM. When my system runs one process (kapm-idled)
> is using about 60% of my cpu time. I'm a little bit confused if this
> is right.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to decrease this cpu usage or if this is
> 'normal' for this process.

I seem to recall seeing something about this on kernel-notes.  Sorry, I
don't have a link.  If I recall, the process cpu usage will drop to a
reasonable level as soon as there's something else to do.  I think it's
something of a known low-priority bug (and if I recall the message
correctly, a solution will be in 2.4.1 -- and probably already is in the
pre-patches...).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>