2-part NIC question

I have Debian 1.3, and managed to bring my system up with my 4 Megs of Ram
and 80386.  Thanks, all for the help in that.  However, I have two new questions
relating to a new problem.

I still can't bring my CompexRL2000A card up.  On the Drivers Installation
page, I can choose NE2000 , but it does not recognize the card.  Now, I
also have not been able to get it working under Win95: the system at
one point uninstalled the PCI Bios driver, saying that PCI Bios was not
present.  Which might be the source of the problem.  Or, alternatively,
it may be that the Debian 1.3.1 installation's NE2000 driver is not the same
as the ne2k-pci driver.

So does anyone know (1) Is my 386 motherboard BIOS too old for the
Linux drivers to interface with NE2000 card?  (2) Is the NE2000 driver
presented on the installation pages old, and not the same as the ne2k-pci
driver?  (3) Is there some other problem that I am missing, instead?