Re: minicom

Run as root and run minicom -s.  From there you can change the settings
and save the configuration as default and/or as some other name.  There
isn't really a configuration file like you'd normally use an editor to
configure.  You do that via the program with the -s switch.  Man minicom
works for me.  You should be able to get some tips from there.

Jim.