Re: Installation : how to find 3Com card?

Hello,

The 3c59x driver module is ok for that card. I have read a test with the
3x905 driver, but that was awfull.

The detection of your network card depends on the stage of your
install. First you must have installed the base system, then the
modules. After that you should have the opportunity to install
drivers. When you install 3c59x everything should work, at least AFTER you
rebooted (restarted) after your installiation process.

You can also do it manually, so you can keep track of the errors. During
the installation process there is a terminal on the second screen (and on
the rest of the screens you can read logfiles). Your new installation is
mounted at /instmnt, so when the modules are installed, you should be able
to do the following:
# cd /instmnt/lib/modules/2.2.17/net
# insmod 3c59x.o

if everything goes ok:
# ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# ifconfig ; route -n

then this should work, and your network is complete.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan