Re: Soundcard Problems

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Tristan wrote:
> I have an ES1869 PnP Audiodrive, IRQ 7 DMA 1 DMA 0. I am having problems
> run isapnp, but isapnp doesn't detect my soundcard, and i tried using
> sndconfig but it couldn't detect any soundcard either, the soundcard is
> part of the motherboard, and i can get it to work by using the sb 100%

How do you come to the conclusion that it is PnP? I had to configure a
laptop using that chip with a fixed/bios controlled setup.

If it works with the compiled in driver (that needs to know
irq/port/dma in advance) modprobing the module with apropriate
options should work.

There was some weirdness with 16bit dma though. I may have used
dma16=-1 or sth.

greetings, martin