Soundcard Problems

I have an ES1869 PnP Audiodrive, IRQ 7 DMA 1 DMA 0. I am having problems
getting it to work in linux, when reading the documentation that comes
with 2.2.18, it says I need to compile soundcard support as a module then
run isapnp, but isapnp doesn't detect my soundcard, and i tried using
sndconfig but it couldn't detect any soundcard either, the soundcard is
part of the motherboard, and i can get it to work by using the sb 100%
compatible option and compile it directly into the kernel and not a
module.
Does anyone have experience with this soundcard, whats the best way to get
it working?

-Tristan-
looner3@qwest.net