Re: How to clone a system easily?

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 08:41:43PM -0600, Gregory Guthrie wrote:
> Thanks,
> but I want a real /total clone; all updates, configurations, links, files,
> etc. Not just a similar fresh install.

In the previous mail you said, that you want to upgrade aour
mothermoard, then you just need to plug your old HD into your the new
one. If you get a new HD, too: Do it like Alan explains in the
Tips-howto. (boot from the old, patition the new one, mount the new on
/mnt). Add "l" to tar, so that you don't backup /proc. (Assuming all
data is on one partition). Edit /etc/fstab and /etc/lilo.conf.

This just worked for me two days ago.

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli@interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de