Re: package holding doesn't work in dselect

At Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:34:15 -0800 , "Cameron Matheson" <mkarl1@qwest.net> wrote:

>I wanted to install wmaker for my newly compiled X4, but I can't because =
>it requires me to install xfree86-common and xlib6g.  This won't do, so =
>I put those two packages on hold, but then it comes up with the =
>dependancy problem screen, with them re-selected.  Why doesn't hold =
>work?

I don't have it in front of me, so I can't check, but have you tried
q (or maybe its Q) instead? This might be completely wrong (have a
look at the keybindings screen before trying it!) but don't shoot me
if it is.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!