Re: autoInsertion of es1371 module

On 22 Jan 2001, mike polniak wrote:
> lists@elephants.org wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a sound card which uses the module es1371.
> > I currently have to insmod it as root for sound.
> >
> > How do I configure the module so that it loads/unloads
> > as needed?
>
> 	You can put an alias for it in /etc/modutils and then run
> update-modules so it generates the alias in modules.conf.
> 	I simply put es1371 in /etc/modules so it loads at boot. This works
> fine for all sounds on my system.
> --

Wouldn't it be simpler just to compile it into the kernel? This is what
I do; in fact, I don't use modules at all.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the
palpably absurd. It is the chief occupation of mankind." - H.L. Mencken