Re: Users homepages with Apache

brian moore wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 07:55:48PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if some other Debian user can provide some assistance to an
> > Apache problem:
> >
> >  1. I'm running www.bar.org and www.foo.org via named virtual hosts on
> >     one server using Apache (from woody)
> >
> >  2. Both addresses http://www.bar.org/~joey/ and
> >     http://www.bar.org/~joey/ are valid.
>
> Considering they're identical? :)  [I assume one of those should be foo]

Ouch, yes, you are right, of course.

> > How can I configure that local users homepages are only available
> > under one of the two virtual servers?

Ok, that's quite easy.  A friend of mine pointed into the right direction.

mod_userdir relies on UserDir pointing to the directory of the user.
You can set this variable to a different value in each vhost.  Since
the default is 'public_html' it is not sufficient if you just comment
the entry out in srm.conf, but if you set it to some random string that
is not used normally, you're done.  It works now.

Regards,

	Joey

not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth