Re: bad md5 checksum

Lo, on Wednesday, February 21, Robert did write:

> hi!

[adjusted line breaks]

> I downloaded a debian .iso image and the md5 checksums didn't match, then
> i mounted it (with -o loop) and checked the checksums of all individual
> files, finding 3 of them are corrupted. Have downloaded them and I wish
> to replace them, but i always recieve the error 'read-only filesystem'
> and cannot do anything.

Well, you might try mounting it with `-o rw,loop', but I don't know that
that's going to work.  It's quite possible that ISO-9660 filesystems are
always read-only, even when on writable media.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to mount the image like you did
originally, copy all of the files onto a normal writable filesystem (some
directory on your hard disk will work nicely), replace the three damaged
files in this directory, then rebuild the ISO image with mkisofs or
mkhybrid.

Richard