out of RAM.

I have a machine which I don't have access to the console of, which has run
almost completely out of RAM:
odin@skirnir:[~]$ free
Mem:        128268     125532       2736       1020       2620       2592
-/+ buffers/cache:     120320       7948
Swap:       124956     124956          0

Due (entierly my fault) to a runaway perl script which (unfortunately) runs
as root.

I have an open SSH connection to this machine running bash as a normal user.
su fails for lack of RAM:
odin@skirnir:[~]$ su
Password:
bash: xmalloc: cannot allocate 2048 bytes (0 bytes allocated)

Can anyone suggest a means of either killing the offending perl processes
(unlikely -- owned by root) or rebooting the machine?  I could gain access
to the console tomorrow, but today is Sunday.

(Please CC me, I'm not on the list right now because I don't have the RAM to
run procmail).

TIA
-Dan

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human