Re: pump: "no extra parameters are expected"

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 06:32:47AM +0000, Jim Breton wrote:
> In /var/log/daemon.log I see the following:
>
> cardmgr[163]: + /sbin/pump  -i eth0 > /dev/null
> cardmgr[163]: + pump: no extra parameters are expected
> cardmgr[163]: start cmd exited with status 1

Well... I found the problem.

I had built a new kernel on the machine and also built the pcmcia-cs
package from the upstream source, and installed it because I needed
modules matching my kernel build.  It didn't occur to me that the
scripts in /etc/pcmcia/ it installed were totally different from the
ones that were installed with potato.

Anyway I worked with the scripts and basically found the fix: he tries
to send "command > /dev/null" to an sh function but that doesn't work,
he needs to use eval in his function.  Our scripts in potato are
different and do not suffer from this problem, so I'll just file a bug
report (and fix) against the upstream author.

Right now I'm using the modules built from upstream source, along with a
re-installed set of debian scripts, and everything is fine.

Thanks for listening.  ;)