Re: Start up?

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 01:24:10PM -0600, Joshua Kruck wrote:
> hello,
> Is there come kind of script that run when the machine boots that i can
> put commands into? I want to run sound on when the machine boots, i
> would also like to mount some samba commands. Can someone point me to an
> easy way to do this?

I'm not a guru, so my answer only scratches the surface.

I believe what you want to do is develop your script which does these
things, then place it into /etc/init.d (look at the ones in there for a
decent structure to follow, though you may not need/want all the testing
that goes on..).  Follow that with an update-rc.d to populate the /etc/rc?.d
directories with the links.

You will need to be sure that the links are numbered higher enough that the
network connections are definitely established before your mounts.

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from